Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Grange Fair




Okay, so I'm behind and trying to catch up! On September 1 we went to the Grange Fair. It's a really big deal here in central PA. When school starts depends on when this fair is. People camp out at it for a week. Seriously, in tents. Like the musical State Fair. In fact, I made Spence come home and watch it with me because it reminded me of it so much. I love that movie.
But back to the fair. We went with the Swensons again this year and had a blast. We checked out all the animals. Cooper actually liked them this year, which was fun. The first ones we saw were the pigs and one really started grunting at Coop which scared him off a little. He walked aroundquite a bit and seemed just like a big kid, he's growing up so fast!
Spencer had the great idea to try SkeeBall which Cooper LOVED! At $0.25 a game he had to play a couple. The look in the picture is the one he had pretty much the whole time. Total amazement. I think he's going to take after his uncle Tyler and be a shotputter, but I have a feeling Ty will have some pointers for him on form.
We also bought a basketball (mostly just because it had a pump with it) at one of the funny little stands and Cooper had a blast with that. He wouldn't let that thing out of his sight.
Sadie slept through almost the whole fair. She got hungry a little ways before we were though so we took a break to feed her dinner (Lucas got his dinner then too) and then went to watch the trucks drag race in mud, or something like that. It was really loud, but Sadie managed to sleep through it and Cooper though it was pretty interesting to see. We headed home after that and as I sat with Spence on the couch that night after the kids were bathed and in bed I couldn't help but say, "You smell like a pig!" But hey, I'm sure I did too! Can't wait till next year! :)

No comments: